We give priority to the voices and needs of children, as well as recognising the importance of families, throughout the process.
We generally work with the following concerns:
- Grief and loss – This may include a death in the family or someone close to the child, family breakdown, parental separation.
- General anxiety – This may include school refusal, stress issues, sleep issues, separation anxiety, panic, phobias.
- Identity issues – This may include gender and sexuality-related concerns.
Children’s counselling services are tailored to suit individual needs and may use interactive play and art therapy.
This a free service for children aged from 5 to 12 years living in Victoria or New South Wales.
Referrals are not required to access this service.
To find out about this service contact Gateway Health reception:
- Wodonga – Phone 02 6022 8888
- Wangaratta – Phone 03 5723 2000
- Myrtleford – Phone 03 5731 3500
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org