We also provide:
- a creative group for trans, gender diverse & non-binary children aged 8-12
- LGBTIQA+ counselling for children aged 12-18
- peer support
- one-to-one parenting support
- school support
- an eight-week program for parents/carers of trans, gender diverse & non-binary children
- quarterly family get-togethers
- a binder library
- an LGBTIQA+ social group for people aged 12-18
Other LGBTIQA+ services and group programs at Gateway Health include:
- WayOut Wodonga – Check out their page for more information about the supports available for LGBTIQA+ young people under 25 years.
- Child Health Intervention and Parent Support (CHIPS) – A creative group for trans, gender diverse & non-binary children aged 8-12 years.
- Parenting Trans and Gender Diverse Kids and Teenagers – An 8-week program for parents/carers of trans, gender diverse & non-binary children.
This is a free service available for children aged from 3 to 17 years and their families.
- Location: 155 High Street, Wodonga
- Open hours: Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm
For a confidential appointment contact the Gender Service Care Coordinator:
- Email GenderService@gatewayhealth.org.au
- Call reception on 02 6022 8888 (Freecall 1800 657 573)
- Visit Gateway Health reception at 155 High Street, Wodonga
Please note: referrals are not required for initial contact with the Gender Service Care Coordinator and for services other than gender-affirming medical care.
Referrals will be needed for patients requiring psychiatry and multidisciplinary paediatric clinics.
Note: We are not a crisis service. If you need help urgently, call 000, visit the Lifeline website or call Lifeline on 13 11 14.