Family violence is ultimately about inequalities of power between women and men and the exercise of this power in order to control or dominate.
It can take many forms, including:
- physical or sexual abuse
- emotional or psychological abuse
- economic or financial abuse
- cultural or spiritual abuse
- threatening speech and behaviour
- other behaviours that control or dominate, causing fear for safety and wellbeing
- causing a child to witness any of the above behaviours.
This service may suit you if you are:
- safe from heightened, serious and immediate danger or risk of family violence
- seeking emotional support over a longer-term period
- interested in empowering yourself with knowledge and skills for safe healthy relationships
- prepared to participate in regular and intensive individual or group-based therapy.
This service is free to residents from Wodonga and surrounding regions, including Corryong, Tallangatta, and Mount Beauty.
No referral is required to access the service.
To find out about this service contact Gateway Health reception:
- Phone 02 6022 8888
- Email email@example.com
Other support services including after hours support
- You can access this service via the Orange Door (link to https://www.orangedoor.vic.gov.au/):
Or you can visit the Orange Door at:
- 60 Reid Street in Wangaratta
The Orange Door is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Contact Safe Steps 24/7 family violence response line on 1800 015 188.