Family violence is ultimately about inequalities of power between women and men and the exercise of this power in order to control or dominate.
It can take many forms, including:
- physical or sexual abuse
- emotional or psychological abuse
- economic or financial abuse
- cultural or spiritual abuse
- threatening speech and behaviour
- other behaviours that control or dominate, causing fear for safety and wellbeing
- causing a child to witness any of the above behaviours.
This service may suit you if you are:
- safe from heightened, serious, and immediate danger or risk of family violence
- seeking emotional support over a longer-term period
- interested in empowering yourself with knowledge and skills for safe, healthy relationships
- prepared to participate in regular and intensive individual or group-based therapy.
This service is provided at no cost to residents from Wodonga, with outreach to Corryong, Tallangatta, Tangambalanga, Kiewa, and Mount Beauty.
Please contact us for more information.
Other recommended support services
- Junction Support Services – Counselling, support, and group programs or for child/youth services – Phone 02 6043 7400.
- Centre Against Violence (CAV) – Case management and crisis recovery services to women and children affected by family violence (and both female/male clients seeking support regarding past/current sexual abuse) – Phone 03 5722 2203.
- Victim Assistance Program (VAP) – Phone 1300 362 739 or email VAPIntake@merrihealth.org.au.