We work as part of a team with physiotherapists, occupational therapists, podiatrists, and dietitians – working together to help people keep living as independently as possible.
You can benefit from seeing a speech pathologist if you experience difficulties with any of the following.
- Understanding spoken or written language
- Producing speech sounds
- Voice changes
- Remembering information
- Planning tasks
- Making decisions
- Chewing difficulties
- Excess coughing, choking or throat clearing on foods or drinks
- Wet or “gurgly” sounding voice after eating or drinking
- Shortness of breath during or after eating or drinking
- Food or tablets feeling stuck
- Dribbling or excess saliva
- Dry mouth or thick saliva
Eating and drinking are very important and social parts of life. Swallowing difficulties can be serious if not treated.
This service is available to people aged 65 years or older and people with limited ability to complete daily tasks who are less than 65 years of age and their carers.
The service is available in Wangaratta, Myrtleford, Mansfield and Benalla.
We usually visit people in their own homes.
A fee may apply – We will discuss this with you during intake.
Contact Allied Health Intake on 03 5723 2097 for more information.