This service includes Nurse Continence Specialists, a Continence Clinical Nurse Consultant, and a Bladder Health Information program.
- Assessment and advice for problems with bladder and bowel control
- Advice and assistance with funding opportunities
- Indwelling and intermittent catheter education and management support
- Product information and advice on appropriate and cost-effective continence aids and appliances
- Provision of education to interested community groups
- A coordinated approach to care
We primarily provide home and clinic-based services to people aged over 65 years, and anyone aged over 5 years with chronic disease or disability.
We service the local government areas across the Central Hume area, including the Rural City of Wangaratta, Benalla Shire, Mansfield Shire, Ovens Valley and King Valley.
Please be aware there is a waitlist for this service. We do respond to urgent needs as quickly as possible.
If you have an NDIS plan and require continence nursing support, please contact our Allied Health Intake Team on 03 5723 2097 or email AH.Intake@gatewayhealth.org.au
If you are aged over 65 years (over 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), you will require a referral through My Aged Care.
- You can do this directly by calling My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.
- Your GP practice nurse could assist with this referral.
- If you have a case manager or support coordinator they can place a referral for you.
All other enquiries
Contact Allied Health Intake on 03 5723 2097 for more information.