You can benefit from seeing an occupational therapist if you experience:
- difficulty with showering, dressing or toileting
- current or past pressure injuries
- problems in remembering information or difficulty planning tasks – eg. planning meals, medications
- difficulty getting into your home
- falls or trip hazards around the home
- difficulty with equipment such as wheelchairs or scooters.
You don’t have to struggle alone. Occupational therapists can and do help many people to improve their ability to manage daily tasks better.
Occupational therapists can:
- help to make daily tasks easier in the home and community
- provide equipment for use within the home such as bathroom or toilet equipment
- suggest home modifications such as changes to the bathroom, rails installation, step modifications or ramps
- promote confidence to safely get out and about in the community
- help you find ways to prevent falls
- support pressure care management.
Eligibility and fees
Most services are free or low-cost depending on eligibility. If fees apply we will discuss this with you.
The service is available in Wangaratta, Myrtleford, Mansfield and Benalla.
We primarily visit people in their own homes.
Contact us on 03 5723 2000 for more information.