Gateway Health’s Bushfire Recovery Team works with individuals, families and communities to help with the following:
- Applications for financial grants
- Referral to other organisations for financial assistance
- Access to mental health support
- Access to financial counsellors
- Access to family violence support programs
- Access to gambling support services
- Help in reaching doctors, dentists, and others
- Helping in getting aid to support livestock
- Help in sourcing items for rebuilding
- Coordination of donations of new items like generators, white goods, etc.
- Speaking up for bushfire affected communities with local and state government authorities
Our team helps people to navigate the various levels of government and the different kinds of support available to achieve a better managed and coordinated response.
The Gateway Health bushfire recovery team is funded by Bushfire Recovery Victoria, an agency set up by the Victorian Government to respond to major bushfires which swept large parts of the state in the summer of 2019-20. Other teams operate in other parts of Victoria.
You can access case support assistance if you are a resident of Towong Shire, Alpine Shire, Mansfield Shire, or the Rural City of Wangaratta municipality.
Individuals living in surrounding areas of the North East that were impacted by the 2019/2020 fire event may also be eligible.
This is a free service funded by Bushfire Recovery Victoria.
Our team is a mobile workforce providing outreach services to fire-affected communities across the North East. Our case managers can meet you at a local Recovery Hub, your home, or anywhere else that is convenient.
Services are also available via phone and video conferencing.
To access the service call: