Are you thinking about stopping completely, having a break, or cutting down your alcohol or drug use?
Do you have some concerns about the amount you use and the long-term health implications?
Your use may be having a negative effect on your relationships, health, or work. It may have even got you into trouble with the law.
If you have decided to make changes we can help you. The key is to start small.
A withdrawal nurse can help you:
- identify strategies for dealing with the cravings
- understand triggers and high-risk situations
- understand alcohol or drug dependence
- get into detox and rehabilitation programs
- understand lapse and relapse
- liaise with your GP if required.
We also provide the following:
- A range of withdrawal services including outpatient and home-based
- Support to access residential withdrawal
- Medical, emotional and pharmacological support
Withdrawal options can include outpatient, home-based, residential (detox), or hospital-based.
The withdrawal nurse will work with you to develop a plan that is safe and suitable for you depending on a range of factors.
This is a free and confidential service available to people of any age.
You do not need a Health Care or Medicare card to access the service.
For intake, assessment, and referral into the Drug Withdrawal Program please contact the Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO) Consumer Intake Assessment Line on 1300 022 760 Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.