Below is information about organisations that can provide support to you.
Support services for carers
Carer Gateway is an Australian Government program providing free services and support for carers.
Their services include:
- in-person and online peer support groups
- tailored support packages to help with access to planned respite, transport services and more
- in-person and phone counselling
- in-person and online self-guided coaching
- online skills courses to support your wellbeing and understanding of legal responsibilities relating to the caring role
- access to emergency respite if you suddenly find you can’t provide care, for example, if you become ill or injured.
Carers Australia is the national peak body representing Australia’s unpaid carers, advocating to influence policies and services at a national level.
They have information on their website about Disability and NDIS, end-of-life care, and Aged Care which may help support you.
Visit the Carers Australia website for more information.
You can also watch their video below.