This service may suit you if:
- relevant authorities (police, courts, child protection, etc.) require you to comply with protection orders by participating in this service
- you are ready to acknowledge the impact of your violent, controlling, or coercive behaviour towards your partner, ex-partner, children, or other family members
- you consent to us contacting family members who have been impacted by your past or current violent behaviour, so we could also offer them support for their safety
- you will regularly attend 20 intensive group-based sessions to tackle the underlying causes of your violent, controlling, or coercive behaviour, and what you can do to change it
- you are willing to pay a nominal participation fee for the sessions.
The program runs two-hour weekly sessions for 20 weeks, working through the following themes:
- Family violence and accountability (4 weeks)
- Power and control (6 weeks)
- Violence and children (3 weeks)
- Gender roles and gender stereotypes (3 weeks)
- Effects of violence/values/summary of learning (4 weeks)
No referral is required to access the services.
Contact us for further details.