This service may suit you if:
- relevant authorities (police, courts, child protection, etc.) require you to comply with protection orders by participating in this service
- you are ready to acknowledge the impact of your violent, controlling, or coercive behaviour towards your partner, ex-partner, children, or other family members
- you consent to us contacting family members who have been impacted by your past or current violent behaviour, so we could also offer them support for their safety
- you will regularly attend 20 intensive group-based sessions to tackle the underlying causes of your violent, controlling, or coercive behaviour, and what you can do to change it
- you are willing to pay a nominal participation fee for the sessions.
The program runs two-hour weekly sessions for 20 weeks, working through the following themes:
- Family violence and accountability (4 weeks)
- Power and control (6 weeks)
- Violence and children (3 weeks)
- Gender roles and gender stereotypes (3 weeks)
- Effects of violence/values/summary of learning (4 weeks)
You can access this group program via the Orange Door (link to https://www.orangedoor.vic.gov.au/):
Or you can visit the Orange Door at:
- 60 Reid Street in Wangaratta
- Upper Murray Family Care – 27-29 Stanley Street in Wodonga
The Orange Door is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
This service is free to residents from Wodonga, Wangaratta and surrounds. No referral is required to access the service.
You can also contact the Men’s Referral Service (link to https://ntv.org.au/mrs/) on 1800 766 491 if you are risk of using family violence. This service provides free, confidential expert support for men and their families and friends. This service is (8am to 9pm Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday).