The Quality of Care Report provides feedback to the community about our performance against quality indicators and standards, and highlights achievements and actions that contribute to continuous improvement in the services we provide.
The 2020-2021 Quality of Care Report includes stories and examples that demonstrate how we are working in partnership to respond to the health and wellbeing needs of our communities.
Gateway Health achieved much more than we might have expected in a year where we had to work to prevent, contain and manage the impact of COVID-19. We have so many great stories to share that highlight the amazing efforts of our staff in adapting our programs and finding new ways of working to maintain services as much as possible.
For example the rollout of telehealth to allow us to continue providing services to clients while keeping everyone safe, sending out foot-care packs to our podiatry clients to help people manage their own foot health in the absence of available podiatry appointments, and delivering group programs online via Zoom so that people could continue to participate and connect with each other whenever possible during long lockdowns and restricted periods.
Some of our other achievements you can read about in the report include:
- the rapid establishment of the HeadtoHelp service in Wodonga
- the opening of the headspace satellite service in Wangaratta
- planning for the construction of a new Drug and Alcohol Residential Rehabilitation facility in Wangaratta
- maintaining ongoing support and advocacy to families and communities affected by the 2020 bushfires
- holding two Rainbow Balls for LGBTIQA+ young people, across two states under different restriction levels and in different formats (online and in person)
- working with cross border multicultural communities to ensure they got up-to-date information reflecting pandemic border issues in the languages needed and that they could easily cross the border in both directions to receive the healthcare they needed.
And a whole lot more!