Community Aged Care Team
The Hume Regional Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) – Wangaratta.
The role of the ACAS team is to:
- Comprehensively assess the needs of older people and to facilitate access to available care services appropriate to your needs
- Determine eligibility for Commonwealth subsidised residential aged care Residential respite care, Home Care Packages (levels 1 – 4) and Transition Care Program
We service the local government areas of Alpine Shire, Benalla Rural City, Indigo Shire, Mansfield Shire, Towong Shire, Rural City of Wangaratta and City of Wodonga.
To refer go to www.myagedcare.gov.au/referral or phone: 1800 200 422
Further information on Aged Care Assessment Services and other Commonwealth funded aged care services, go to www.myagedcare.gov.au
For further information contact the Wangaratta Aged Care Assessment Service at Gateway Health:
Phone 03 5723 2203 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bladder Health Program is run by an Allied Health Assistant, and includes presentations from the Continence Nurse Advisor, Pharmacist and Dietitian.
Please contact us to find out when next Bladder Health Program will commence and to enrol - Phone: 03 5723 2082 or email us at: email@example.com
For further information on Continence issues in general please click here (www.bladderbowel.gov.au) or phone the National Continence helpline:
1800 33 00 66 free call (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday) or click here to go to the Continence Foundation of Australia website
Commonwealth Home Support
Further information on Commonwealth funded aged care services, go to www.myagedcare.gov.au
Continence Nursing Services
This team offers:
- A Clinical Nurse Consultant to facilitate continence education to the East Hume District Nursing Services and to provide them with clinical support
- Continence Nurse Advisors who provide specialist Continence assessment, education and treatments.
District Nursing Services
This team offers a range of home based clinical nursing services including:
- Full nursing assessment
- Referral to and liaison with other service providers
- Client and carer support and advocacy
- Direct care services
- Palliative care
Regional Wounds Victoria is on Facebook