People with Day Programs, Futures for Young Adults, Individual Support Packages or other funding are supported to explore and participate in healthy, meaningful activities and lifestyles with community organisations, services and business in the community. For example drama, cooking, jewellery making, swimming, go to TAFE, Adult Education, computer classes, literacy and numeracy, driver preparation classes, work experience, travel training. Through this process people learn about themselves, make choices and develop self advocacy and leadership skills. Monthly out of hours activities give people the chance to make new friends and have fun, eg horse riding, fishing, dancing, etc.
Active Rural Communities (ARC)
Provides social contact for people aged 65 years or older and people with a disability who are less than 65 years of age. Activity groups run 4 days each week.
Futures for Young Adults
Helps young people with a disability (18-25 years). They move from school to commuity based adult activities and lifestyles. They might go to TAFE, Adult Education, computer literacy and numeracy, driver preparation classes, work experience, travel training.
Location/Venues of services
Office based staff are located at 45-47 Mackay Street, Wangaratta. Support staff work with clients at activities in the communities of Wangaratta, Myrtleford, Beechworth & Benalla. If you would like to join in some of these programs, please call (03) 5723 2000.
Services and Programs are available in various areas.
Follow the links to view Gateway Health program/service details or click here to view our brochure.
- Parenting and Relationship Services - Offering specific parenting support and group programs for parents and children with a disability
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drug Services: Drug Withdrawal, Drug Diversion, Needle and Syringe, Pharmacotherapies
- Active Rural Communities (ARC)
- Clinic 35: Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Community link
- Continence Nurse Advisor/Consultant
- Counselling & Support: Drug and Alcohol, Domestic Violence, Gamblers Help, Grief and Loss, Men's Support
- Diabetes Education
- Dietitians can support healthy eating, diet modifications to treat specific conditions, cooking skills, meal planning, reading food labels and food budgeting.
- Gambler's Help
- Having a baby in Wangaratta
- McGrath Breast Care Nurse
- Men's Behaviour Change
- Mental Health Support: LAUNCH, Personal Helpers and Mentors Service (PHaMs)
- Parenting and Relationship Services
- Positive Parenting Telephone Service
- Registered Nurses
- Relationship Programs
- Specialist Medical Transport Service
- Speech Pathology
- Victims Assistance Program
Links to other websites for further information