Gateway Health Gender Service - Wodonga
Providing support, information and referral for:
- Gender-questioning, trans and gender diverse young people aged 17 and under;
- Parents, carers and family members, and
- GPs and service providers
A registered nurse coordinates this service. There is no cost to see the nurse.
We are not a crisis service. If you need help urgently, call 000 or select here for the lifeline website or call lifeline on 13 11 14.
We are open Wednesday and Thursday from 9am – 5pm.
To make a confidential appointment:
Speak to Gateway Health reception by phoning (02) 6022 8888 or Free Call 1800 657 573 or you can visit reception at 155 High Street, Wodonga.
Schools, GPs or other services can also make referrals. Contact us on the details above for further information.
More information about the service:
Trans and gender diverse people, families and advocates have been the driving force behind setting up this service, and continue to provide expertise through the Gender Service Community Reference Group.
WayOut Wodonga and the Community Reference Group continue to seek ways to secure the service into the future.
Other useful services:
The ZBGC Youth Project works with LGBTIQ and mainstream services to improve support to young trans and gender diverse Victorians.
Select here for Zoe Belle Gender Collective’s Youth Project
The RCH Gender Service website has lots of useful information about its service and other supports.
Other useful Gateway Health programs and services:
Gateway Health WayOut Wodonga promotes the rights, health and wellbeing of LGBTIQ+ young people in Albury Wodonga, and supports services to do the same. We run the Alphabet Crew Youth Social Group, and engage LGBTIQ+ people aged 18 – 25 in leadership roles and positive action through the WayOut Youth Action Group. Select here to read more about WayOut Wodonga.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Members
- Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drug Services: Drug Withdrawal, Drug Diversion, Needle and Syringe, Pharmacotherapies
- Clinic 35: Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Continence Nursing Service
- Counselling & Support
- Diabetes Education
- Gambler's Help
- Mental Health Support: Personal Helpers and Mentors Service (PHaMs)
- McGrath Breast Care Nurse
- Positive Parenting Telephone Service
- Registered Nurses
- Relationship Programs
- Specialist Medical Transport Service