Gateway Health collaborates with Early Learning Services, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools to support the health and wellbeing of children, staff and families.
We can assist your schools and early learning services to:
- Improve student wellbeing and engagement outcomes
- Create a positive learning and working environment
- Integrate health and wellbeing strategies in your strategic, annual and quality improvement plans.
What is a health promoting service or school?
A health promoting environment helps children and young people to learn better, and develop healthy eating and exercise habits for life. A health promoting service or school shows commitment to enhancing the emotional, social, physical health and wellbeing of all community members.
The Achievement Program
To help create a health promoting service or school Gateway Health uses The Achievement Program. A free, state-wide health and wellbeing framework available for all early childhood services, schools and workplaces in Victoria. The Achievement Program was jointly developed by the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Education and Training. Registered services and schools are provided with a step by step guide and resources to create healthy environments and promote children’s health and wellbeing.
Registering for the Achievement Program will also give you access to all the support and resources you need via an online portal, which allows you to work at your own pace and track your progress using:
- Evidence-based guidance and tools
- Connect with health promotion experts for ongoing support
- Select health priorities that suit your service
- Build on your existing health and wellbeing initiatives.
The Achievement Program involves a cycle of continuous planning, action and review.
Join 24 Early learning services and 14 Primary schools in Wangaratta and Wodonga and make a healthy difference.
What Gateway Health offers:
We offer local early learning services and schools registered with the Achievment Program a wide range of resources and support:
- Networking and professional development opportunities
- Ongoing support from a Gateway Health team member
- Links to local health professionals, organisations, programs and funding opportunities.